It is with great prayer and out of an abundance of caution that we have decided to make several cancellations of activities in our church. First and foremost, we will not meet this coming Sunday morning, March 22nd, in an effort to follow the counsel of medical and governmental officials concerning the necessary proactive measures to protect our people from the Covid-19 virus.
Also, for the time being Wednesday night AWANA activities have been suspended. Our Wednesday night adult Bible study as well as our youth activities have been canceled for tonight (March 18th). Our Sunday night Bible study has been canceled for this week as well (March 22nd). We thank you for your patience as we will most likely need to take these matters on a week-by-week basis. In light of these hard decisions, we want to inform you of what our tentative plans are to foster community, worship, and pastoral care during the coming days and, if necessary, weeks.
1) On Sunday, March 22nd, at 11:00 AM, we will utilize Facebook Live to deliver a message to those who desire to watch it live. Afterwards, the video will be available on our Facebook page for anyone to watch at their convenience. Also, starting Monday of next week, I will occasionally be posting devotional videos to our Facebook page to share encouraging thoughts and prayer points.
2) For those that do not have access to Facebook Live, we want you to know that we will be emailing everyone on our email list a transcript of the message for them to read. For our seniors who may not have Facebook or access to email, we will mail hard copies of the message along with discussion questions, prayer points, and additional verses they can read.
3) We have asked Sunday school teachers to create Facebook Groups, GroupMe messages, phone chains, or some other form of communication to check in regularly with Sunday school members. We have also equipped our deacons with a list of senior adults that we are asking them to check in with regularly, if not daily.
4) We have established an email that you can contact us if you need assistance with anything. You can also point your neighbors and others this email if they have a need. We cannot guarantee that we can or will meet every need but we want to help where we can. The email address is CalvaryAid@gmail.com. We are asking our seniors to contact the church office by phone if they have a need.
5) We want to remind that you can give and tithe online at https://www.calvaryandrews.com/give. You can also mail your tithe checks to the church office.
These are unprecedented times in the life of our church but together, and with much grace towards one another, we will honor Christ and we will try to shepherd our flock well. Above all we know that Jesus is our Rock and Refuge. I want to leave you with the encouraging words of Ps 46:1-2 “God is our refuge and strength a helper who is always found in times of trouble. Therefore, we will not be afraid!”
God bless you all,
Calvary Baptist Church